STMicroelectronics has come up with a new line of application-specific processors focusing on automotive connectivity and telematics.
The new line of processors called Telemaco2 makes available different automotive grade, scalable, small-footprint, Linux-programmable microcontrollers that are installed in vehicles and take care of comfort, safety and fuel-efficiency. Some of their applications can be regular car-to-cloud connectivity, calling emergency help in the event of an accident, road-topology processing and remote car diagnostics.
All the processors developed by automotive telematics industry up before this new offering by STMicroelectronics were not equipped with tools that could specifically deal with safety, fuel efficiency and comfort. With its newest offering, the company has not only brought the cost of the products down but also make them available for more users than ever before. Some of the other features of Telemaco2 processors make room for:
- Embedded independent boot core
- Secure CAN subsystem that eliminates the need for a separate in-vehicle bus controller
- Validated and Pre-integrated GNSS and Dead Reckoning software library for effective combination with its cost-effective Teseo multi-constellation automotive-positioning ICs
- Power management circuitry that is capable of reducing the BOM
- Built-in RSA authentication to ensure security of the embedded system code
One can contact company’s sales team to know more about the pricing and product samples.