SoftBank Corp. and Aeris, a pioneer and leader in the Internet of Things (IoT) market, have established a joint venture in Japan, known as Aeris Japan K.K., to provide IoT and telematics services globally using the Aeris® IoT solutions platform.
The Aeris IoT solutions platform is a comprehensive, end-to-end and proven set of key technologies that enable enterprises to bring IoT solutions to market quickly, cost-efficiently and with the highest security. The platform consists of AerPort™ connectivity management platform, AerCloud™ applications enablement platform, AerCore™ IoT network and AerVoyance™ IoT analytics platform. With more than 7.5 million devices under management, Aeris is one of the largest IoT service providers in the world and hundreds of enterprises rely on Aeris every day to power their mission-critical IoT deployments.
Working closely with the SoftBank, Aeris will expand its business in Japan and beyond, including India, Europe and the United States, covering multiple market segments and offering a variety of services ranging from an IoT connectivity platform to IoT application middleware to complete IoT solutions for market segments including telematics in the automotive industry.
- Machina Research predicts IoT will account for one quarter of the global 41 million 5G connections in 2024. Japan and Korea will lead the charge and embedded factory-fit connected cars will be the biggest IoT application, according to Machina Research.
- Japan will lead the Asia-Pacific region’s market growth for industrial IoT, which is expected to be worth $54 billion by 2020, according to tech research firm Technavio.
- Aeris offers proven software and innovative IoT capabilities with more than 7.5 million IoT devices under its management and processes more than one billion transactions per day.
- Aeris also delivers end-to-end IoT technology platform, which enables faster time-to-market for enterprises. Security is a priority for Aeris, which offers enterprises and mobile network operators an end-to-end solution ranging from connectivity services to data analytics and applications.
- Aeris offers a comprehensive telematics solution for automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) including a full suite of driver, dealer and OEM services.
- Aeris Japan will be headquartered in Higashi-Shimbashi Minato-ku, Tokyo, and led by executives from SoftBank and Aeris including Hiroshi Akabori, COO, and Raj Kanaya, CEO, respectively.
Also Read: IoT devices in Japan to have 020 prefix
Aeris is a pioneer and leader in the market of the Internet of Things – as an operator of end-to-end IoT and machine-to-machine (M2M) services and as a technology provider enabling other operators to build profitable IoT businesses. Among our customers are the most demanding users of IoT services today, including Hyundai, Acura, Rand McNally, Leica, and Sprint. Through our technology platform and dedicated IoT and M2M services, we strive to fundamentally improve their businesses – by dramatically reducing costs, improving operational efficiency, reducing time-to-market, and enabling new revenue streams.