The rumors about Raspberry’s newest version that were breaking the internet last week have come to an end with Raspberry announcing Raspberry Pi 3 on its fourth birthday. Surprisingly, the company has kept the price of Raspberry Pi 3 just $35 to ensure more and more users can afford it.
The new model comes with 802.11n Wireless LAN and 1.2 GHz 64-bit ARM Cortex A53 package along with Bluetooth 4.1. As per the announcement made by Raspberry Pi Foundation, it’s the first time when Bluetooth and Wi-Fi have been made available on a Raspberry Pi computer. The launch of newest Raspberry Pi ensures that IoT users get to enjoy striking features in a Raspberry computer without any hassle.
Features of Raspberry Pi 3
The new Raspberry Pi 3 is equipped with integrated 802.11n wireless LAN, 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU, and Bluetooth 4.1. In a recent blog post, Raspberry Foundation wrote that the management wanted to come up with something new and innovative on company’s 4th birthday, and there could be nothing better than Raspberry Pi 3. It’s the first time when Raspberry Foundation has tried hands on a 64-bit CPU to ensure that the users can speed up their tasks and have a better experience than the previous versions.
The new Raspberry Pi 3 is claimed to be at least 50% faster than the previous product of Raspberry. It comes with a 2.5A charger to handle high-end USB devices without any hassle.
- RAM: 1GB LPDDR2-900 SDRAM
- Chipset: 400MHz VideoCore IV multimedia chip, 1.2 GHz Quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex A53 with Bluetooth 4.1 and 802.11n Wireless LAN.
- GPU: 400MHz VideoCore IV multimedia
- USB ports: 4
- Audio Output: Digital via HDMI and I²S; analog via 3.5 mm jack
- Audio Input: I²S
- Video output: HDMI, composite video via 3.5 mm jack
- Video Input: 15-pin MIPI camera interface connector
- Storage: MicroSD
- Power source: 5 V via MicroUSB or GPIO header
- Power rating: 1A
- Weight: 45g (1.6 oz)
- Size: 85.60mm × 56.5mm
- Price: $35 (£30 including VAT in the United Kingdom)